Dr. Sascha Lange
Machine Learning Lab
Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg
Georges-Köhler-Allee Building 079, Room 0 00 05
Phone: +49 (761) 203-8043
I'm an EXIST-supported fellow of the machine learning group. Presently, I'm working on founding 5D Lab GmbH, a spin-off producing location-aware internet games. I started working in Martin's group as a doctorate candidate at the University of Osnabrück back in 2004. In 2009 I followed the group's relocation to southern Germany. I have very broad interests in machine learning, computer vision and autonomous robots, with a strong emphasis on real-world applications connecting machine learning with image understanding. From 2004 to 2008 I was co-team leader of the two-times world champion robotic soccer team Brainstormers Tribots.
- My publications can be found here.
- Spezialvorlesung: Maschinelles Lernen (Machine Learning), SS11
- Kursvorlesung: Künstliche Intelligenz, SS11
- Oberseminar, SS11
- Spezialvorlesung: Optimierendes Lernen (Reinforcement Lernen), WS10/11
- Oberseminar: New Applications of Reinforcement Learning, WS10/11
- Kursvorlesung: Künstliche Intelligenz, SS10
- Oberseminar: Batch Reinforcement Learning, SS10
- Spezialvorlesung: Learning Robots, WS09/10
- Oberseminar: Advanced Machine Learning, WS09/10
- Reading Club: Deep Learning, WS08/09
- Student Project: Humanoide Roboter, SS08 & WS08/09
- Reading Club: Advanced Methods of Machine Learning, SS08
- Student Project: Intelligenter Raum, SS07 & WS07/08
- Exercises to Introduction to Neuroinformatics, WS06/07
- Student Project: Lernfähige Mobile Roboter, SS05 & WS05/06
- Project Group (AG): RoboCup MidSize, SS04-WS08/09
I maintain a list of open topics for graduation projects.